Wednesday, April 15, 2015

My Favorite Foods

Lauren says that I'm a creature of habit, but I prefer to say that I know exactly what I like. When we're walking back from the gym in the evening, we like to pass the time by talking about how I have an unwritten list of foods/meals that I always tend to crave over others. Well, I think it's time to make the list official, so here it is!

1. Almond butter. I'll eat almond butter on pretty much anything- bread, rice cakes, pancakes, oatmeal. You name it, almond butter belongs on it.
2. Pizza. I bet you already knew this one though since I beg Lauren to indulge in my Friday Night, Pizza nights weekly.
3. Trail mix. While there are tons of packaged trail mixes out there, nothing beats making your own. Whenever I eat trail mix (which is often), I always toss together some roasted cashews, raw almonds, raisins, pretzels, and chocolate chips. You can never have enough trail mix, seriously. It's the perfect, non-messy snack to munch on while watching TV. Trail mix also makes the perfect meal when your fridge is empty, just saying.
4. Pancakes. Like pizza, I make it a point to eat pancakes on the regular. More specifically, I like to have pancakes for breakfast every weekend day. I like my pancakes with chocolate chips, almond butter, and maple syrup.

5. Smoothies. My fifth favorite food was a tough one to come up with. I've always thought it would either be beans and rice, or oranges. But lately, we've been eating beans and rice for dinner at least once a week without chips or tortillas (trying to be a little healthy over here), so Mexican food isn't as exciting anymore. But don't worry, I still love this meal, it just doesn't make the top five list anymore. Oranges would have made the list if I were still living in California. The quality (and prices!) of produce in Philadelphia is so different from what I'm used to having on the West Coast. Don't get me wrong, oranges are still my favorite fruit, but they don't make the cut anymore either. I've had a smoothie as part of my lunch the last few days and I've really come to enjoy and anticipate them, so as of right now, they've earned a highly coveted spot on my favorite foods list. My usual smoothie consists of frozen fruit (strawberries, peaches, pineapple, apple, blueberries, banana), spinach/kale, and soy milk. Basically, deliciousness in a cup.

Just so you know, I do eat plenty of vegetables. In fact, I just finished a huge salad with a ton of veggies for dinner. These five foods are just my favorites, but I do supplement them with other basic nutrients ;)

This is probably way more than you'd ever like to know about me. But just think of it as a little insight into my weekly routine, because let's be real, I easily eat all of these foods/meals on a weekly basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment