Saturday, April 4, 2015

Best Friend Friday No. 26: Easter Prep

Yesterday, April 3 Lauren and I spent the day gearing up for Easter. It's going to be our first Easter away from our families, so we're doing everything we can think of to still make it a joyous occasion. This means two things for us: Easter baskets and food. 
Our Friday started off on a great note, receiving Easter treats in the mail from my grandma and Abby. Both of them sent us cute cards and Abby also included some delicious vegan chocolate bars! Have I mentioned that I love getting mail?

Lauren and I aren't really good at keeping gifts a surprise from each other. Since we share a small apartment, there aren't too many places to keep things hidden, and when we're working on a project, it's always in plain view. Lauren spent the majority of the day in the kitchen, working on items for my Easter basket. I saw her making a huge batch of chex mix (she also asked me to pick up Chex from the grocery store), and she had me taste test various vegan chocolate truffles. I've never been a huge fan of truffles, but these are seriously amazing, especially the pretzel coated ones! I'm not allowed to open the freezer, so I know there's something else hiding in there for me too. I can't wait to get my hands on my Easter basket tomorrow morning!

I also spent Friday working on presents for Lauren's Easter basket. She already knew the handmade items she was going to get (since she requested them), but she didn't know some of the tiny details. At first I was trying to keep parts of the project a surprise, but it was too hard. So I let Lauren watch me cross stitch goodies for her basket. One of these days we'll be able to keep each others' gifts under wraps though. 
We obviously needed to end the day eating pizza. White dough, marinara, cashew cheese, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, olives, and kale for the win! Seriously though, kale is now our favorite pizza topping! Last week we added kale to our pizzas on a whim because we were out of spinach, and we ended up loving it. While we ate dinner, we also watched "Friends" and finished the first season. Lauren didn't care for the show at first, but now she's starting to find it slightly funny. I on the other hand, think it's hilarious!

I for one had a productive Friday getting things ready for Easter. We still have some grocery shopping to do, lots of cooking, and I still have a lot more crafting to get done by tomorrow morning. I better get to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment