Saturday, April 11, 2015

Best Friend Friday No. 27: Mariposa Co-op

Yesterday, April 10 was the 100th day of the year...how exciting! Okay, it's not really that awesome, but my Friday still was.

Lauren and I spent the morning devouring banana pancakes. I added chocolate chips and almond butter to mine, of course.

In the afternoon, we took a little walk to a local co-op. Really we were on the hunt for nutritional yeast since our regular grocery store has been out of stock for like two weeks, but also I truly have been wanting to check out Mariposa, so we basically killed two birds with one stone. Mariposa carries a lot of vegan specialty items that our neighborhood grocery store doesn't. They have an assortment of dairy-free yogurts, meat alternatives, packaged sweets, and even Dottie's Donuts. But best of all, they had the Earth Balance potato chips that we have eagerly been waiting to try. We've gone to countless stores in the past, just looking for these chips without any luck. So, we bought both the cheddar and sour cream & onion flavors, and had to try some before we even made it back home. I enjoyed both flavors; they taste exactly like their non-vegan counterparts. The cheddar chips had the most flavor, but I liked the taste of the sour cream & onion ones better. Lauren and I decided that we'll have to go back to Mariposa again and pick up a different treat next time.

I made pizza with marinara sauce, cashew cheese sauce, green bell pepper, black olives, tomatoes, purple onion, Celebration Field Roast, and green onion for dinner. Luckily, I managed to save a piece since pizza makes great leftovers.
Maybe even more surprising than not finishing my whole pizza, I also worked on THE quilt. It's only taken me two years to start binding it. I've been intimidated about the whole binding process, so I've been putting this last step off for a while. But when I finally started hand sewing the binding yesterday, I actually found it to be quite relaxing. Once I got into the zone, I was able to successfully finish an entire long side of the quilt without any major difficulties. I did have to start over a few times, but once I realized what I was doing wrong and corrected my mistakes, I began to enjoy the binding process. The one month I don't make "finishing THE quilt" one of my goals, it's actually going to happen. Lauren knit my Grandpa Cardigan while I was working on her quilt, so we were both a little crafty together yesterday.

Anyway, I had a great Friday full of delicious food and some fun crafty time with my best friend! I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment