Wednesday, May 20, 2015

WIP Wednesday

Last Wednesday I shared a little glimpse into what I'd been doing craft-wise that week. I enjoyed taking better quality photos of my works in progress and reflecting on what I've actually been able to accomplish, so I decided to make this a weekly thing.

SEWING
Although it was almost finished weeks ago, I finally completed my first Linden. I hope to share some more photos of it next week.
I also cut out fabric to make three more tops, and I even started sewing one this morning!

KNITTING
I've still been diligently working on the same tubular stockinette cowl. It's such a simple knit that I finished an entire skein this past week. Just one more skein to go!
Lauren and I decided to participate in a knit along hosted by our LYS, Loop. We're knitting the Melodia shawl (my first shawl ever!), and so far it's going pretty well. I learned how to do the garter tab cast on, which made me feel on top of the world. We went to Loop on Sunday and joined several other local knitters to cast on together. We'll be meeting up at Loop the next few Sundays to continue knitting Melodia which I'm excited about. Besides Lauren, I've never knit with anyone else before. Surprisingly, I liked it and really enjoyed myself! However, meeting inside a yarn store on a weekly basis may not be the best thing for my strict yarn diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment