Wednesday, May 13, 2015

WIP Wednesday

One of my resolutions this year is to do something crafty every day. So far I've only missed a few days of crafty time, thanks to being in the hospital and having family visit. Not only do I want to enjoy my finished items and use a lot of my stashed supplies (fabric and yarn, mainly), but I also want to appreciate the process of getting to the end product. I have quite a few projects sitting unfinished, but I thought it would be fun to do a little show and tell of this week's works in progress.
I'm enjoying always having a project on my needles. Whenever I have a spare moment, I try to knit even if it's just for a little bit, rather than scroll aimlessly through my Instagram feed. Knitting is also the perfect activity to do while watching TV; it makes being lazy feel somewhat productive! Plus, it helps that this project is all stockinette stitch, perfect mindless knitting! I'm over halfway done with my version of the Fino Circle Scarf, and have high hopes for it becoming a staple this Fall.
Although I've been slacking quite a bit on wearing handmade items for Me Made May, I have been spending a fair amount of time working on my handmade wardrobe. I have a ton of stashed garment fabric that has been dying to be sewn into something pretty to wear. However, a lot of it is knit fabric and I haven't been comfortable sewing with it before. It's taken me awhile to complete this knit Scout Tee and I'm almost there, but it's nowhere near perfect. It probably wasn't the best idea to start with the loosest, stretchiest knit I own. Even though I still need to play around with knits more, I've gained so much confidence with knits just in this one project. I have a long ways to go to be able to sew the perfect knit tee with amazing details and finishes, but I feel like I've taken a giant step in the right direction.

My desk and floors may be piled with fabric scraps and countless pieces of thread, but that's okay because making is enjoyable and that's way more important than not being messy (plus tomorrow is vacuuming day).

No comments:

Post a Comment