Saturday, November 22, 2014

Best Friend Friday No. 7

So I'll be honest, Lauren and I were pretty lazy this Friday mainly due to the fact that we stayed up past 5 AM the night before watching episode after episode of Scandal. But hey, that's what roomies and besties do, not complaining! Because we had a super late start to the day and Lauren had lots of school work to do, we decided to postpone "Best Friend Friday" to Saturday.
However, all was not lost on Friday. I still managed to sneak in Friday night, pizza night! That makes Friday a win in my books!
Saturday was a completely different story though. Although we still woke up pretty late, I felt much more rejuvenated and ready to take on the day. Lauren whipped up another bomb brunch! We dined on breakfast potatoes, sauteed veggies with vegan sausage, and roasted brussel sprouts. It was delicious as always!

After brunch we made the trek to Whole Foods for Thanksgiving supplies. Going to Whole Foods seems like such a treat because it's not a short walk or fast drive to get there, which I'm used to. Instead we have to take the subway and still walk about half a mile after that. All of that transportation is completely worth it to have an abundant supply of awesome vegan options at my fingertips, sadly though it's just not feasible to make this a weekly destination. So when I do get to go, I almost feel as if it's my birthday. Not really, but you get the picture.

Besides picking up Thanksgiving necessities, we also scored the last Field Roast Chao Creamy Original sliced vegan cheese, which we have been dying to try! I also picked up some almond butter because apparently our neighborhood grocery store doesn't feel the need to stock their shelves with anything but peanut butter. And of course we couldn't leave Whole Foods without selecting a special treat to indulge in right then. I picked out the vegan chocolate chip crumb muffin and it was so good! I've never had a vegan muffin that tasted that amazing. It was chewy (sounds weird, but I loved the consistency), but still crispy on top, and soft and fluffy in the center. I read the ingredients prior to eating it, and I'm pretty sure it's the addition of tofu that's responsible for the delicious chewiness. I never would've thought to add tofu to a muffin, but that was a pretty genius idea.

Well that pretty much wraps up this week's "Best Friend Friday", or should I say "Best Friend Saturday" (that doesn't sound as cool though). Tomorrow I hope to watch parts of the Philadelphia Marathon. I especially want to see the super fast runners sprint to the finish! I've never really watched a race before; I've always participated in them. Although I'll probably be freezing while I gawk at the runners, I'm actually excited to be a spectator this time around. I'm sure that watching all of the awesome half marathoners and marathoners will pump me up even more for my small little 2015 race schedule.

Have I mentioned yet that weekends are the best?

Also, happy 20th birthday to my little bro Frankie!

No comments:

Post a Comment