Thursday, November 20, 2014

Best Friend Friday No. 6

 This past Friday in an effort to get out despite the freezing temperatures and get errands taken care of, Lauren and I ventured out to Reading Terminal Market. I love this place for so many reasons. Although it's a pretty touristy attraction, being a local (wow, that's weird to say), I still like coming here. There's so many different food vendors with plenty of vegan options. This place has almost any type of food you could image; you can buy everything from a Philly cheesesteak to a chocolate nose. The food aspect is obviously my favorite part, but Reading Terminal Market also has an assortment of local crafts and fun products to shop from. I came specifically to buy my brother a birthday present (hint, he loves food), but you can bet that I picked up a little snack here for myself too!

Afterwards, Lauren and I walked about half a mile to Staples because I had some rewards to spend. I'm so used to suburban chain stores where everything is laid out on one floor, all spread out. This Staples store though was laid out over three stories! It was so weird trying to figure out where everything was. This little stop wasn't that interesting, but was slightly necessary. I picked up some much needed packing tape and some cute floral printed binder clips.

Our Best Friend Friday outing didn't last as long as usual, and we ended up retreating back to our apartment much sooner than expected. But all was not lost! The best part of the day for me was probably making homemade vegan pizzas for dinner and finally conquering our difficult oven. I was so hungry that I didn't have time to take a picture of its deliciousness before I gobbled it up. But I'll leave you with this tantalizing description: think homemade WHITE dough (white flour seems like such a treat now, ha!), marinara sauce, black olives, onions, broccoli, tomato, and bell pepper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment