Wednesday, July 8, 2015

WIP Wednesday

I haven't been knitting as much this week as I normally do. Instead, I fired up my sewing machine and finished a few projects that have been on my to-do list for quite some time. However, I couldn't go too long without spending time with some precious yarn.
On the 4th of July, I spent over five hours sitting on a blanket in a baseball field, listening to a very long outdoor concert just to watch the fireworks at the end. You can bet I brought knitting with me to keep me entertained. Unfortunately, there was on and off rain which meant that I kept needing to putting my knitting away so it wouldn't get wet. Despite this, I managed to knit about ten rows on my Laylow shawl. The following day I went to my LYS and knit two more repeats (each repeat is six rows) at the KAL meet up. I actually finished the entire main section, but decided to continue working that same pattern until I run out of yarn. I tend to like larger shawls and I figured I mind as well use all of the yarn instead of saving a small bit that would most likely never get used. I can probably squeak out several more repeats with the remaining yarn, and then it's onto the border! I had hoped to have this shawl completely done by the end of this week, but that's definitely not going to happen. I'll be taking this with me when I travel to California on Monday and it will be my plane project!
This past week also marked the beginning of July, meaning the Home & Away Woolful KAL officially started. With plans to knit the Boothbay sweater, I eagerly started gauge swatching on July 1 only to realize that I would have to make two more swatches. I finally came very close to the correct gauge on my third attempt and hope to cast on tonight. This sweater will also be coming to California with me and will get a lot more attention once I finish Laylow.

I've been loving sharing my knitting works in progress via Ginny's yarn along. It makes me motivated to knit even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment