Wednesday, July 1, 2015

WIP Wednesday

First off, happy July! It's my birthday month and there are so many good things in store throughout these next few weeks that I've been looking forward to for so long.
Getting back to knitting, I spent the first half of the week solely knitting my Color Affection shawl. I finished the first little section of the pattern, and am so excited to have added the second color!
The latter part of the week was spent working on my Laylow shawl for Loop's KAL. The KAL doesn't actually end till July 26, so technically I still have plenty of time left to finish it. However, since I'll be traveling during the last two weeks of that time period, I really would like to have Laylow completely done before I leave for my trip, but now I'm realizing that's it's a pretty lofty goal. I've been diligently working on this shawl for the last three days in the hope of being able to start the final border this coming Sunday. However, I want to make this shawl as big as possible and will most likely add additional repeats to the pattern until I run out of yarn. I feel like I still have a lot of my main color of yarn to work through, so I don't know that I'll actually be able to start the border by this weekend.

I also went through my yarn stash this week. I pulled out the yarn I'll most likely be using for Loop's next KAL, and yarn for my first ever sweater that will hopefully accompany me to Rhinebeck this fall! I've never loved knitting as much as I do now, and have so many plans for future projects that just thinking about all knitting related things makes me so giddy! I'm linking up with Ginny's YAL again this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment