After scouring Pinterest for awhile and not being able to find anything that met my picky criteria, I decided to just roll with it and create my own recipe. As an added "fun" bonus, I even calculated the caloric count per muffin. Only 127 calories per muffin, not too bad!
(Makes 12 muffins)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup soy milk (I used Silk Light Vanilla)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mash all of the bananas.
3. Add the sugar, soy milk, vanilla extract, and oil to the bananas. Mix thoroughly.
4. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix just until everything is combined. Don't over-mix though.
6. Distribute the batter evenly amongst the muffin pan.
7. Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
8. Let the muffins cool in the pan, then remove and enjoy...perhaps with a spoonful of almond butter!