Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Best Friend Friday No. 19: Heart-Shaped Weekend

As probably everyone knows by now, whether you like it or not, last Saturday was Valentine's Day. Being that I'm not in a relationship, you might think I'm one of those haters. On the contrary however, I actually love this holiday. Really though, I love all holidays. Who doesn't love an excuse to celebrate something?

Luckily for me, my best friend completely agrees with me. Apparently a lot of people celebrated "Galentine's Day" the day prior to the real holiday, but I hadn't even heard of that till I went on Instagram that day. Lauren and I celebrated Galentine's Day pretty much all Friday and Saturday though. We bought each other presents (that still haven't arrived) and candy/snacks. Does best friendness get any better than that?
Being that it was Friday and the start of Valentine's weekend, we made heart-shaped pizzas for dinner! We did this last year as well and I'm now dubbing it a tradition! My mom used to make my siblings and me heart-shaped meatloaf for Valentine's Day, but since I don't eat meat now, pizza will have to do!
And of course we had to have something heart-shaped on Saturday as well (since Saturday was the true Valentine's Day). So, Lauren whipped up a batch of banana heart-shaped pancakes, adapted from the Thug Kitchen cookbook. Technically she only made us each one heart pancake and the rest were circles. But regardless of their shape, they tasted excellent! I lack the necessary taste buds to be a fan of banana, but I truly don't mind the banana in this recipe.

I sure did have an excellent Valentine's Day/Galentine's Day weekend with my best friend. Running into a Girl Scout cookie site sale and loading up on some sweet treats didn't hurt either (yup, a lot of the cookies are actually vegan!). And I definitely didn't mind snacking on my mini oreos (already gone) and cinnamon sugar pita chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment