Thursday, September 19, 2013

Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

The other day I noticed we had two very ripe bananas lying on the counter; obviously no one was planning on eating them. So instead of letting them go to waste, I searched Pinterest for a vegan muffin recipe that calls for bananas. I had a very limited supply of flax (used as a substitute for eggs), and I wanted the muffins to be a tiny bit healthy. They're not cupcakes after all. I stumbled upon this recipe from One Green Planet.

I also didn't have any chocolate chips on hand, but I did have a semisweet vegan chocolate bar that didn't taste so good by itself. So, I cut up the chocolate bar into smaller chunks and used this in place of the chocolate chips. The recipe calls for 1.2-2 cups of chocolate, but I only used 1 cup and it was still a little too chocolate-y for me.

I'm not a big fan of bananas, but I actually really like these muffins. You can't even taste the banana...just the way I like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment