Saturday, September 7, 2013

Glamping: Day Four

Check out time at Schoolhouse Canyon Campground was at 11 AM, so we had to set an alarm on the last day. We woke up at 8 and after showering, packing up the tent, and cleaning our site, we were ready to hit the road by 10. But we didn’t go straight home. There were a few places we just had to visit. 
 
Our first stop after leaving the campsite was Korbel Winery, just a few miles west of Schoolhouse Canyon. We made it there in time for the first tour of the day. After sampling several champagnes, I ended up buying two bottles: one for me and one for a gift. Korbel also had an amazing deli, so we decided to dine there for lunch. I decided to try the roasted eggplant sandwich and share the Asian slaw with Lauren. The Asian slaw was pretty good; I was just so thankful it was vegan! The sandwich on the other hand…well, it turns out I’m not such a big fan of eggplant. I ended up picking all of the eggplant out, leaving me with a lettuce, onion, and tomato sandwich. I will say though, the bread was really good!





Continuing our journey home, we stopped at the Petaluma Premium Outlets. A glamping trip wouldn’t be complete without some shopping, right? We spent several hours shopping, and I managed to be very selective in my purchases. I bought a pair of jeans from Gap which I love the fit of, and a pair of leggings and a maxi skirt from Cotton On.

We were back on the road for about an hour when we got hungry and needed to find a place for dinner. Heather suggested Vegan Paradice in Fairfield, but sadly it was closed by the time we would have gotten there. So, we opted for a Thai restaurant, Bangkok Paradise. We shared spring rolls, both fried and un-fried for starters. I ordered the vegetarian pad thai with tofu and no eggs for dinner. The spring rolls were delicious; the best spring rolls I’ve ever had! The pad thai was pretty good too; I just wish the sauce was thicker and that there was more of a peanut-y flavor to it. The service was really good and the people there were very friendly.

Shortly after dinner we made it back home to Sacramento. This trip opened all of our eyes to our new-found love for glamping. Before this trip, I had only been camping once. While I do enjoy cooking, I love trying new restaurants when I travel even more. The campsite fees were pretty inexpensive, so we splurged on eating out. I think we’re trying to plan another glamping, perhaps even camping trip for next month, so we’ll see if that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment