Thursday, December 4, 2014

Vegan Friendsgiving

This was my first year in my entire life not being with my family for Thanksgiving. Sadly this meant that I missed the delicious feast my aunt prepares every year. She even makes me an entire vegan spread, just for me!

Also spoiled by past traditions, Lauren was sad that she couldn't partake in her family's festivities on Thanksgiving. We were lucky to be able to spend time with some of my other relatives this holiday though, but nothing tops tradition. We're so used to having certain dishes, prepared a certain way. Instead of hijacking Thanksgiving as guests, we decided to have our own vegan Friendsgiving the day before the real deal. This way we could make all of the dishes we wanted to, however we wanted. This plan also allowed us to bring some leftovers to the actual Thanksgiving dinner.


For having a relatively tiny kitchen to prep and cook in, Lauren and I worked together pretty well to get Friendsgiving prepared. Lauren did most of the cooking though. 

This Friendsgiving we enjoyed:
- Mashed potatoes with gravy
- Sauteed green beans with slivered almonds
- Roasted brussel sprouts
- Cranberry sauce
- Gardein Holiday Roast
- Lauren's homemade stuffing

And for dessert Lauren baked a chocolate pudding pie with a homemade graham cracker crust!

Everything was delicious. Friendsgiving is now one of my favorite holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment