Friday, February 7, 2014

Lake Tahoe

This past weekend I went to Lake Tahoe with my family, Heather, and Lauren. It had been several years since I've gone to the snow and even longer since I went skiing.


I drove up Sunday mid-morning; the first time I've ever personally drove in the snow. It was a little scary when I wasn't able to see the road markings anymore, but at least I know I can do it now.


We spent the majority of Monday resting in the hotel. In the evening Lauren and I took Abby on the gondola down to the Northstar Village. By the time we made it down to the Village, many of the shops were already closed. Since it was freezing, we stopped at Starbucks and bought the Lake Tahoe mug from Starbucks' "You are Here" collection. I love the modernity of the mugs and want to collect one from each city or state I travel to. Exciting stuff right there!


On Tuesday we went skiing. I was hesitant at first as I haven't skied in 6 years, but the muscle memory quickly kicked in and I skied all day long without falling. I even got Lauren to enjoy skiing, so we're hoping to make another trip out before the snow season is over.


And of course, as soon I returned home I got sick and am still fighting a cold. As much as I hate being sick, I'm glad I wasn't feeling crummy on vacation.

Until next time, Tahoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment